Salads are healthy and delicious meals on their own or perfect accompaniments to main dishes. They do not always have to be boring and taste like rabbit food. Salads have many nourishing ingredients which help boost your energy levels and keep your immune system strong. The antioxidants, protein, and healthy fats in salads improve your overall health. The salad we will present today, is everything, but boring. Moreover, once you try it, you’ll actually want to eat it every day.
You will need only raw organic vegetables, sprouts, seeds, nuts and homemade dressing. This is the healthiest salad ever!
Nutrition Facts: Spinach is low in fat and cholesterol. Whereas it is high in niacin and zinc, protein, fiber, vitamins A, C, E and K, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper, and manganese.
- Strengthens muscles
- Protects your body from free radicals
- Regulates blood pressure
- Prevents heart attack
- Protects the skin
- Maintains brain function, memory and mental clarity
- Promotes healthy digestion
- Improves eyesight
- It has anti-ulcerative and anti-cancer benefits
Nutrition Facts: Avocados are a good source of pantothenic acid, dietary fiber, vitamin K, copper, folate, vitamin B6, potassium, vitamin E, and vitamin C.
- Lowers risk of depressions
- Keeps the brain healthy
- Balances cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Controls blood sugar
- Helps reduce side effects of chemotherapy in human lymphocytes
Nutrition Facts: Pecans contain more than 19 vitamins and minerals – including vitamin A, vitamin E, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, several B vitamins and zinc.
- Reduces blood pressure and stroke risk
- Promotes bone and teeth health
- Relieves constipation
- Promotes colon health
- Boosts hearth health
- Helps weight loss
- Reduces inflammation
Nutrition Facts: Pomegranates are an antioxidant-rich, superfood loaded with fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K and potassium.
- Soothes sore throat
- Prevents heart disease, cancer, type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease and obesity
- Helps fight prostate cancer
- Lowers blood pressure
- Helps treat arthritis
With the following salad recipe, which contains each of the above ingredients, you will be able to enjoy the mentioned health benefits.
Cancer-Fighting Salad Recipe
The Ingredient List
- 1 1/2 cups organic spinach leaves
- 1/2 avocado, sliced into pieces
- 1/3 cup organic cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/3 cup organic blackberries
- 1/3 cup raw pecans
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil*
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
The Preparation Method
Add all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Meanwhile, add all of the dressing ingredients in a mason jar. Shake the jar well until all of the ingredients have been combined. Drizzle the dressing on top of the salad. Toss the salad so all of the ingredients are coated with the dressing.